- Patrons aged 18 or older with a Lancaster County library card in good standing can check out Kindles. Holds from other libraries will not be honored.
- For Teen Kindles, patrons aged 13 or older with a Lancaster County library card in good standing can check out Teen Kindles. Holds from other libraries will not be honored.
- The loan period will be 7 days with no renewals.
- Overdue fines will be $1.00 a day.
- Failure to return Kindle items within 4 weeks after the original due date will result in a charge to the library cardholder’s account of $250 for the Kindle and accessories, and $15.00 for a processing fee.
- Holds placed on a Kindle must be picked up within three business days of patron notification.
When Returning a Kindle
When returning a Kindle the borrower must:
- Return the Kindle to the circulation desk during normal library business hours. Kindles cannot be returned in the library book drops.
- Return all 5 items (Kindle plus 4 accessories) to the circulation desk at the same time. Failure to return any of the 4 items will result in a charge to the cardholder’s account for the replacement cost of the material(s) and a $15 processing fee.