Click on the button below to donate online with a Debit or Credit card.
We are very grateful for items the community donates to our Library. Donations are received at our back door during open hours; please do not leave boxes outside.
We no longer accept: Text Books, Encyclopedias, Reader’s Digest Condensed Novels, or VHS cassettes.
Please refrain from donating books that are musty from prolonged storage or smell of smoke. These items will need to be discarded.
What do we do with the books/items you donate?
The majority of the books we receive through community donations are sold at our Used Book Sale every spring. What is not sold at that sale is bulk-purchased by a third-party.
Books and other items (CDs, DVDs, magazines) that are donated can benefit our library in a number of ways:
- If they are in like-new condition, they can be sold in our Book Store.
- New and like-new books are often used to replace damaged or well-read copies in our own collection, which saves us money by not having to purchase replacements.
- New and like-new audiobooks, DVDs, and music CDs can also be used to replace copies in our collection.
- Large paperbacks in great condition can be sold on the $2 table near the circulation desk; small paperbacks in good condition can be sold in our lobby for 50 cents.
- Every spring the Friends hold a Community Yard Sale, and they sell donated items, giving all the proceeds to the Library.
- Sometimes we are fortunate enough to receive an item that we are able to sell on Ebay.
Every spring, the Friends Group organizes a Community Yard sale that is set up behind the Library. This is a great opportunity to help the Library while getting rid of your unwanted items. It is especially perfect for anyone who has things to get rid of but doesn’t want the hassle of organizing their own yard sale – and you will be helping the Library! The Friends set up drop-off dates beginning the month before the sale. We ask that you do not leave donated items outside the Library.
Once a year, the Library holds a benefit auction – it is our largest fundraiser! Community members can donate merchandise, artwork, gift certificates, services, and monetary gifts to be auctioned off, with proceeds being used to fund Library programs and materials.