We are often asked if people still use the Library, and we would love to shout from the rooftops a resounding, “Yes!” You don’t need to be an avid reader to use the Library – the Library is so much more than books! We strive to provide materials and programs to connect with all age-groups and income levels, reaching out to families and encouraging them to utilize our free educational resources and programming.
Our mission is to be a community resource that enriches lives through education, information, exploration, and socialization.
How do we accomplish these goals?
While people still associate a Library with BOOKS (yes, books do take up most of our floor-space), the Library offers so much more:
- Internet access and Wifi – use one of our many public computers to look for a job, read email, work on a project, or watch YouTube
- Youth programming for babies to teens
- Life-long learning programs for older adults
- Reading for information and entertainment – books, magazines, newspapers
- Movies and music to offer cultural enrichment
- Databases which provide access to thousands of vetted resource materials and subscriptions on line every day