We are often asked if people still use the Library, and we would love to shout from the rooftops a resounding, “Yes!” However, we struggle with how reach members of the surrounding communities who don’t give the Library much thought as they drive by or read about a program in the local paper, always meaning to stop in but never finding the time to do so. You don’t need to be an avid reader to use the Library – the Library is so much more than just books! We strive to provide materials and programs to connect with all age-groups and income levels, reaching out to families and encouraging them to utilize our free educational resources and programming.
Our mission is to enrich lives through education, information, and exploration. We have a vision to be a dynamic destination of a learned and connected community, and we are committed to being a modern community center.
How do we accomplish these goals?
- Internet access and Wifi – use one of our many public computers to look for a job, read email, work on a project, or watch YouTube
- Youth programming for babies to teens
- Life-long learning programs for older adults
- Reading for information and entertainment – books, magazines, newspapers
- Movies and music to offer cultural enrichment
- Pronunciator – a service available for free (with current library card) giving access to learn more than 80 languages