We offer 2 Orion Telescopes with a Moon Map 260 that are packed securely in sturdy rolling cases. The telescopes may be checked out by an adult with a valid Library Card. Please ask for them at the front desk!
To see what we have for you to checkout, click on the items below. These items can be requested for checkout; they are not on display in the Library.
Looking for something in particular? Click on the subject:
The Library is full of resources to support learning and literacy.
- Thousands of books: board books, beginners and early reading, juvenile fiction and nonfiction.
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten: this this family reading project for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers is a great way to help families prepare their preschoolers for later reading success. Experts believe that children need to have 1,000 books read to them before they start kindergarten. If you read 3 books to your child in one year, you will have read 1,095 books, and reading 10 books a week for 2 years, you will have read 1,040 books! Siblings, grandparents, caregivers can all get in on the action. Ask a staff member at the front desk for more information, or click here to be directed to information on our website.
- Playaway Launchpads: Part of the Skills for School project, these devices come preloaded with high-quality add-free learning apps. Click here to find out more!
- Learning Resources to checkout with a Library Card: we have 8 colorful backpacks from which to choose, each containing themed educational materials including ABCs and Colors, Numbers and Shapes, Patterns and Sequencing, Social Skills, Health and Safety. These items were funded by the “Skills for School” project grant from the Clarence Schock Foundation. The backpacks are located in the children’s area and are available for 1-week checkout periods, one per family.
- The Children’s Area also offers: children’s magazines, audiobooks, books w/cds, and DVDs.
- Books in Spanish
- Parenting Collection: we offer books, CDs, and DVDs regarding a variety of topics ranging from specials needs to bullying to the arts to raising families.