Why do people volunteer at the Milanof-Schock Library?
• Interest in the library
• Eager to help support and enhance library services
• Need to complete a community service requirement
• Interested in a career in library science and administration
• Enjoy the satisfaction of helping others
How can you become a volunteer?
Volunteers are a valuable part of our library. An Applicant’s talents are coordinated with the needs of the library and on-the-job training is provided if necessary. To become a volunteer, fill out an application at the Circulation Desk, or click this link Volunteer Application – Fill-in 100819 to fill in online and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We need Volunteers to:
- Shelve books
- Offer to lead a Library program
- Operate the book store
- Plant flowers and weed beds
- Help with fundraisers
- Complete general maintenance projects
- Help with the benefit auction in a number of ways
- Join the Friends Group
- Packing and sorting donated items: please call Lora Jones at 492-9806.
- Join the Library Board of Directors