Milanof-Schock Library has scheduled a “soft” reopening to begin Thursday, June 11. The Library building will not be open to the community at that time, but the Library staff plans to take email or phone requests for items and have patrons pick them up in a Holds Only – Grab & Go Porch Pickup style. This process will continue for a few weeks. What will this look like?
If Lancaster County “goes yellow” as expected on June 5, the Library staff will return to the building for preparations.
• Beginning June 8, staff will be at the Library Monday-Thursday 10am-8pm, Friday 10am-5pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm to answer the phone for item requests.
• Thursday, June 11, the Library will begin its initial Holds Only – Grab & Go Porch Pickup system. An “order form” for item requests can be found by clicking Hold Request Form 052820.docx. The form should be used as a guide to provide information to the staff regarding what items are being requested; the more information you can give, the better they can assist the public.
• During the initial Holds Only – Grab & Go Porch Pickup system, we will only be able to fill requests from the online catalog marked “Available” at Milanof-Schock Library.
• To serve as many people as possible, please limit the number of holds to 3 per-adult cardholder and 5 per-juvenile cardholder.
• Call: 717-653-1510 Monday-Thursday 10am-8pm, Friday 10am-5pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm or you can email your item requests at firstname.lastname@example.org .
As the Library starts its reopening process, please understand for the first few weeks the Library will not be open for browsing, for the use of public computers, nor for any other library services. All item requests will be done over the phone or through email, and patrons will be asked to pick up their labeled items on the Library’s front porch during scheduled times.
Thank you for your help in making this new process work. We are happy to be able to serve the community again.