We are happy you chose to visit the Library today. Please follow our Code of Conduct to ensure that our Library provides an atmosphere conducive to learning and is respectful to all.
Milanof-Schock Library Code of Conduct
Library Patrons will:
- Use all areas of the Library and Library grounds with safety in mind and only for their intended purposes.
- Wear shoes and shirts.
- Provide for responsible, direct supervision for any child under age 7. Children under the age of 7 must be directly supervised by someone aged 14 or older.
- Be responsible for the safety and well-being of the children in their care on library property. Children who are inconsolable or acting in inappropriate ways should be taken out of the Library.
- Maintain bodily hygiene in a manner that does not constitute a nuisance to others.
- Use covered drink containers and comply with posted ‘No Food’ and ‘No Drink’ zones.
- Follow established Library borrowing procedures.
- Cooperate with staff and allow belongings to be searched.
- Stay out of non-public areas.
- Leave the Library at the designated closing time.
- Smoke at least 20 feet from the Library entrance.
Library Patrons may not:
- Disturb, harass or abuse library staff or customers.
- Mutilate or destroy the library building, materials or equipment.
- Bring animals and pets into the library, with the exception of service animals.
- Bathe in our facility.
- Loiter outside the building.
- Engage in sexual activity of any kind, sexual harassment or indecent exposure.
- Consume or possess alcohol and/or illegal drugs and will refrain from being under the influence of these products on site.
- Monopolize library equipment, materials and/or facilities preventing others from using them.
- Have any weapons in the Library or on Library grounds.
- Damage, destroy or steal other patron’s or employee’s property.
The Library reserves the right to require anyone violating the Library Customer Code of Conduct to leave the Library. Anyone who is required to leave the Library due to a violation of the Library Customer Code of Conduct will not be permitted in the library for the remainder of the day. SERIOUS OR REPEATED MISCONDUCT MAY LEAD TO LEGAL ACTION OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Serious violations of the Library Customer Code of Conduct include:
- Sexual activity of any kind, sexual harassment or indecent exposure.
- Consumption or possession of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Display weapons.
- Mutilating or destroying library buildings, materials or equipment.
- Repeated offenses of any kind.
Thank You for assisting us in making the Milanof-Schock Library a great destination for members of our community and visitors to the Mount Joy area.